Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Relic CommunitySuggestionsLimitations?
You need to login with Discord to create topics, post or vote in polls.

Limitations?

In respect to the previous suggestion with upkeep and whatnot post thats at the top of this forum. Perhaps an build plan limit would be good? And/or perhaps a Windmill limitation? These are laggy things, and we all love building a lot! Of course I want all of Relic fam to have lots of fun with their whacky builds but, the lag now, and from a year ago is Huguely noticeable! - To be more spacific!, is just having some heavier limitations, i say, 4 blocks/grids from bandit and outpost? So at least people dont have 30 second-3min lag spikes to and from the places that are hubs. Kinda like the same reason Arbington was yeeted out into the sea lol

Some ideas on this 4 grid limitation is like, hey, no chad towers, no more than 2 windmills on your base, no more than 45 foundations/4 floors high? Idk. I think these might be considerable? Ofc a whole community vote? Just juggling ideas. <3 Thanks for your time. Much love Relic fam. [And sorry if this has already been suggested, I haven't looked at them all!] 

We currently have limitations on windmills, search lights and horse hitches. We're open to limiting other items in the future, but it will be an ongoing battle. Rust, the engine it's built on, is not exactly optimized for asynchronous loading of items (being it's dynamic and not static). I don't think many engines are optimized for this style of gameplay. For example, highly dense MMORPG games struggle with this as well. Walking into a capital city, having to load and update hundreds if not thousands of player actions. Similar. 

I think Facepunch has done an excellent job managing the game and making best use of what they have to work with. 

Beyond that, other laggy items include neon boxes, neon signs, dense sign artist areas (we compress the images as much as possible), lamps, and a couple other items. I am not opposed to limiting other items in the future but it's something we'd need to vote on. 

• Screenshot-2024-03-29-165305.png