Forum Navigation
You need to login with Discord to create topics, post, or vote in polls.

RelicPVE - Monument Lock plugin (Codefling)

RelicPVE Monument Lock plugin, yai or nai?
Yai5 Votes · 100.00%
Nai0 Votes · 0.00%
5 Participants

Hello,

I would like to suggest a Monument Lock plugin from Codefling. I believe it's free and very up-to-date.

Currently, users are required to say in chat if they're doing a monument. It's up to the community to uphold those rules, however, I'm pretty new to the server and there have already been multiple 'incidents' in the chat where there was confusion or theft (intentionally or unintentionally).

So I think a Monument Lock plugin would help in:

• Providing Clarity. Monuments are locked, you could still setup a soft rule asking / saying that you're gonna do a momument. Or hogging rules or whatnot.
  • Creating less confusion. There are times when a user has announced that they will be doing a Monument, a new player logs in, runs to the Monument in question (without know the lock was announced) and thus the new user gets reprimanded.
  • Admins have to deal with less tickets. You as admins will have to get less involved in terms of having to resolve disputes via tickets.

Hopefully the plugin mentioned could be implemented in the near future.

Honestly doesn't need to be a thing for all monuments, I've only had consistent issues with Giant Excavator.

Yeah, not all the monuments, but from what I've observed in chat and experienced myself it's mostly all the Darkzone-Monuments, I believe. I honestly believe that a similar plugin like Monument Lock (could be anything that does something similar) would help at least create clarity.

I'm sure it's not a magic fix to every issue with regards to monuments (like hogging/spawn camping), but it's a start :D.

I support the author, telling in the chat where you want to go is old fashioned.

P/S Add cooldowns to monuments, for example, a player has cleared a monument and he will be able to come there again in 2 hours.

Yeah, from what I read, although I met intepret it wrong. The plugin I suggest also has a cooldown indeed.

The idea is good but I don't know if this will affect other players flying over the monument or just going near it without making the route longer because we can't go through the monument anymore. This could only work in excavator, silo and in oil rigs I guess. If this is implemented for other monuments like launch site, it will be really hard, because of brad and the puzzle. 
Like I said before the idea is good but only for a couple of monuments. Excavator to prevent stealing, silo to prevent others from jumping in randomly, and oil rigs.
BUT sometimes people need help in these monuments and ask other players for help. If this lock will prevent this help, it will be a problem. Teaming up just to get help isn't a solution I guess. 

If the monument is occupied, it will be covered by a dome, which will push the player out when trying to pass through the dome, particularly if the player is flying on a copter. As for helping at the monuments, it will be enough to add a player to the team, and he will be able to enter this dome.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and feedback. I have been testing this on main, dialing it in some. I will update this thread with more information soon. 

Just a reminder: we have a crate (first unlock) and NPC lock (most dmg) on already.