Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Relic CommunitySuggestionsMonument tagging
You need to login with Discord to create topics, post or vote in polls.

Monument tagging

I know it's a contentious topic that ruffles people's jimmies so I hope my solution is a fair balance for players to resolve conflicts around monuments.

Here's how it works!

When a player goes to a monument, let's say Dome then they will receive a prompt in chat in orange text stating;

"To tag this monument say '@Dome' for 10 minutes."

The player then says: "@Dome"

A public orange message pops up to all players in the server

"Akko Chan has tagged Dome for 10 minutes"

For 10 minutes a large grey circle then appears around the monument of Dome, this to let players know unambiguously that the monument has been claimed.

The grey sphere DOES NOT block player movement, even if they are not in your team meaning anyone can still go to Dome even if it's tagged. If a player does decide to enter the monument while tagged they will receive a reminder message "Hi Kevin, just a reminder this monument has been temporarily claimed by Akko Chan, please do not take any items while it is active".

If a player does decide to take from a monument while it is tagged then its up to admin if its considered stealing or not.

After 10 minutes the sphere ends and it's free for the next player to claim it.

My idea essentially is to make it as unambiguous as possible that this monument is temporarily tagged by a player that everyone can plainly see while also not restricting access to recyclers or keycard rooms.  

I believe this method will not only prevent stealing but will also encourage new players to start tagging monuments they otherwise would not bother doing.